Vegan Double Chocolate Banana Bread
I have partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to help your family to transform your favorite traditional baking recipes to gluten free
We have had a lot of gloomy and rainy days recently and i decided what better way to take advantage of being stuck indoors than baking! A bunch of ripen bananas immediately had me thinking this would be the perfect opportunity to make banana bread… but then thought, why not take it one step further? Chocolate chip banana bread? No, we took it even further and made some delectable double chocolate banana bread that is both vegan and gluten free! Simple, mouthwatering and very little time to prep and bake. Another delicious option is mid-day squares.
- 3 medium, very ripe bananas
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 5 mins)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
Here are the instructions to make the banana bread, as you can see this is a very simple recipe, not over complicated whatsoever and doesn’t consume much of your time. The hardest part of this recipe is waiting for it to finish baking!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- Peel bananas and add to a large mixing bowl. Using a sturdy whisk or fork, mash bananas until smooth. Mix in the coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar, flax egg and vanilla. Mix ingredients until well incorporated.
- Add Bob’s Red Mill flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix together until just incorporated, making sure no flour patches remain. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with some chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick into the center of the loaf. The toothpick will come out clean when loaf is done.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for about 1 hour. Lift out of the pan, slice and enjoy!
I am a firm believer that what you put in your food plays an important factor in how the food turns out. How often do you think about the flour that you put in your food when baking? Do you know how simple it is to make the switch to gluten free while baking without having to make drastic changes?
If you are trying to remove gluten from your family’s diet, then the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour comes highly recommended by us! This flour is perfectly formulated for baked goods, resulting in terrific taste and texture!
Bob’s Red Mill provides premium baking flours, no matter what kind of diet you follow! If you have ever wondered what high protein flour professional bakers use to produce high, well-textured loaves of bread, this is your answer! Their Organic Unbleached White Flour is freshly milled from Organic hard red wheat. Both the bran and the germ have been removed leaving the endosperm that is made into white flour. Most importantly, the flour is not enriched with any additives.
Bob’s Red Mill also makes a Paleo Baking Flour that is a blend of paleo-friendly ingredients that take all the guess work out of paleo baking. You can use this flour for your favorite recipes such as paleo cookies, cakes, pizza crust, crackers, bread…you name it!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill.