How To Ensure Oak Furniture Does Not Becomes Classless
Oak furniture is considered the price possession and pride of the house. Interior designers, carpenters and architects always advice to invest in Oak furniture’s as it not only gives a class to the house, but is also easy to maintain. But people forget one basic detail that oak is porous and extreme temperatures can tarnish its design and texture. So in order to maintain the glossy finish of the furniture, it is important to maintain the furniture with smart hacks that will make it look elegant and give it timeless beauty:
- Smooth it with sand: Nowadays, oak furniture comes after proper finishing but if you have got untreated furniture then it is time to smooth it. One can choose any type of stain whether water based or oil based to give a finishing effect. Purchase stains at a discounted rate with voucher codes from bydiscountcodes.co.uk. It will not only give a glossy texture and new color to the furniture but will also not cost you a fortune.
- Seal it: Often when people are on DIY spree they stain the furniture but forget to apply finish on it. Applying a water-based polyurethane finish is like sealing the furniture from dirt and scratches. It will give a long lasting finish to the furniture and is easy to clean without spending a lot on maintenance.
- Cleanse and moisturize: If you have sealed the furniture then cleaning with a simple cloth will be fine and there is no need to moisturize it regularly. All you need is a monthly or alternate month moisturizing to maintain the glossy effect with least maintenance. Even if you plan the moisturize the furniture yourself; you can use wax or polish or oil available at affordable price with Oak Furniture superstore discount Code. If you plan to moisturize every fortnight; it will help to avoid cracks in the furniture and make it durable. Though it is essential to keep the room airy and leave the furniture open after moisturizing.
- Protect it from direct sunlight: Most of the people think that oak furniture has no effect from direct sunlight and can withstand extreme temperatures but it is not true. It is advisable to avoid direct sunlight and humidity as oak is furniture and cracks will appear. It will also lose its finish and make you cringe as it is a costly investment.
- Strip it if required: You can even change the look of the furniture by stripping the wood. Just make sure that there is no finishing done and you can strip the wood and replace it with new colors and designs. Though it is advisable to not try yourself and get a professional to do it for you as it is a risky process.
Having oak furniture is a luxury that not many can afford but if you have it; it becomes your responsibility to maintain the furniture and ensure it remains durable, sturdy and elegant as ever.