Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
I have teamed up with Ritz and Southwest Airlines o bring you this delicious recipe!
One of the many things I looked forward to when I first moved to Georgia was indulging on some of the foods the state is most famous for… which of course would be the peaches! there is something about beautiful weather almost all year long that encourages you to try out recipes you likely would have never attempted. When I first discovered this peach salsa dip I was almost hesitant to try it out, I wasn’t quite convinced that the combination of ingredients would taste well. Boy was I wrong! this turned out to be one of the most refreshing and tasty cracker topping I have ever enjoyed and I was so thrilled I decided to make this salsa.
You only need a handful of fresh ingredients to complete this recipe. One major ingredient that I highly recommend that you do not skip out on is cilantro. In my opinion this one ingredient transforms a recipe and gives it such a great taste1! Fresh peaches are of course best but if they are out of season then canned peaches would be fine as well. All you need to do to create this salsa is chop up all of the ingredients and then mix them. I have included the recipe down below to help guide you when creating this delicious recipe.
- 1 lb tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper (4 oz), seeded and finely diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1½ lbs peaches, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- Chop tomatoes and transfer them to a large bowl.
- Finely chop seeded bell pepper and jalapeños. Finely chop onion and transfer all your veggies to the bowl.
- Dice the peaches. I liked the slightly larger dice for peaches to give them more of the center stage in this salsa. No need to peel them. You won't notice the peels and the color is prettier with the peel on. Transfer peaches to your bowl.
- Add ½ bunch chopped cilantro, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Add more salt and pepper to taste if desired. Fold everything together until well mixed and enjoy!
Something else I am really excited t o share with you! Ritz and Southwest Airlines want to know where you want to go and how you enjoy Ritz Crackers. One lucky winner will win $5,000 in Southwest gift cards! Just Tweet or Instagram your response along with #LuvRitzSweepstakes to be entered. (Example: “I want to go to #Dallas for the holidays and enjoy Ritz Mint Thins #LuvRitzSweepstakes”)