The Best Natural Hair Products for Kids
Natural hair has become an obsession in the last ten years after years of people opting for other forms of hair that had become a hit. Mothers are now turning their attention on their children’s hair in an attempt to teach them early on to handle natural hair. There are so many products in the market that it becomes hard to choose. To be on the safe side, only buy your stuff from certified hair product vendors since children have very sensitive scalps that may react badly if you go for anything.
Choosing the Right Hair Product for your Kid
Children are delicate, and introducing them to hair products too early is not recommended due to the heavy presence of chemicals in most of them. However, there are companies out there that are starting to create products for children, but as a parent, you still have to choose carefully what to go for. The following are some of the factors you have to consider when doing that.
- Hair Type: Hair products for children are made in different ways with consideration for all the hair types known to man. First, you need to determine the type of hair your child has so that you can get the right product that will be compatible with her.
- Chemicals Used: Avoid any product that shows heavy use of synthetic chemicals. These are toxins that can create a lot of complications for your child’s scalp. Most child hair products use organic ingredients with very little traces of chemicals. Before choosing a hair product, check out the ingredients used and look up its reviews online.
- Fragrances: As a general rule, avoid products that are heavy on the fragrances. Children are not compatible with fragrances, and they may be uncomfortable when they are exposed to such strong scents. A good hair product for a child should be subtle in the smell department, barely noticeable a few minutes after use.
- Please consult a Professional: It could be the hairstylist you frequent or your child’s pediatrician. Having professional input is vital as they have the experience to know what will cause problems and what is fit for your child. Once you have found the right product off their recommendation, stick to it.
- The Efficacy: The product has to be efficient; it should not just be all talk. The only way to ascertain how effective a product it would be to talk to other parents who may have had experience using hair products. Getting first-hand information is the most effective way of sifting through the many products that are available.
- The Budget: Hair products for children do not cost much, therefore do not be tempted to fall into the trap where you assume expensive hair products are better than the cheaper ones. Price has very little to do with how good a hair product would be.
With that out of the way, the following are some of the best natural hair products you can get for your child.
Cantu Care for Kids Tear-Free Shampoo
Cantu has been in the hair products market for ages, catering to women of all ages who have been looking to take care of their natural hair. They have now branched out to the kids market, and the Tear-Free Nourishing Shampoo is their best product yet. The shampoo cleanses all types of hair, nourishes curls, and waves. It is entirely free of the many chemicals present in other products. It is free of sulfates, silicons, propylene, and parabens.
SheaMoisture Shampoo and Conditioner
SheaMoisture Shampoo & Conditioner is a hair product that works best for curly hair. It is infused with carrot oil and mango butter that combine to make the hair softer and easy to comb through. The product also replenishes brittle and dry hair stopping hair breakages and hair loss. Some other advantages include replenishing the hair moisture, revitalizing the skin, and the general improvement of how the hair looks.
Honest Conditioning Detangler
An interesting fact about this product is that it was founded by Jessica Alba, the big Hollywood actress. The hair detangler helps separate the hair strands that usually entangle themselves up during the night or when the kids are playing. It is created using a vegan-based formula. That includes ingredients like jojoba oil, shea butter, argan oil, and quinoa extract.
All these components combine to give the hair a shiny and smooth look on top of infusing a pleasant mild orange fragrance. It is also free of synthetic elements like sulfates and silicones.
Earth Vibes Natural Hair Detangler
Earth Vibes hair detangler is made using Moroccan argan oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil. On top of nourishing and moisturizing the hair, it works best on colored hair that may be brittle thanks to the many chemicals in hair colorants and bleaches. The detangler also makes the hair soft and shiny, strengthens it, and keeps it frizz-free for a whole day. You will not have to worry about your kid coming back looking messed up after playing.
Little Roseberry Hair Gel for Kids
A gel created explicitly for little children with the main ingredients being aloe vera. Little Rosebery’s primary functions include keeping the hair free of grease while controlling flyaways. Little Roseberry is free of toxins and synthetic ingredients like parabens, sulfates, dye, and fragrance that are common in other products. This makes it a safe and subtle product to use on your child’s hair.
When it comes to your child’s hair, you should always find ways to go natural when you can. Hair is delicate, and when it is exposed to too many chemicals, it becomes weaker. You may have the best intentions for your child’s hair as a parent, but it may backfire. Consider all the tips mentioned here before choosing the right product for your little girl.