Liposuction: A Helpful Overview with Skin Works Medical Spa
Liposuction is not only a common cosmetic treatment for individuals, but it’s actually the single most common plastic surgery in the United States. But even with that being true there is a huge difference between what people understand and how it actually works.
So What Is Liposuction?
Liposuction at Skin Works Medical Spa is an optional surgery used by cosmetic surgeons in which small, metal tubes (cannula) are inserted through tiny incisions in the skin to remove unwanted fat deposits. A vacuum device is then used to suction the fat out of the body.
Liposuction can be performed on almost any area of the body where there are unwanted fat deposits, including all the common problem spots. It can be a standalone procedure, but liposuction is often used with other cosmetic surgeries to work together to create a better overall look that the patient wants. This allows a patient to “Sculpt” the look that they want and find most attractive.
How Liposuction Works
Liposuction works by breaking up the fat cells and suctioning them out of the body. The fat cells are then permanently removed from the body and will not return.
Liposuction is usually performed under general anesthesia, which means you will be asleep during the procedure although there are many waking anesthesia treatments that are often referred to as “liposculpture” that do less invasive spot work.
9 Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction can provide many benefits, both physical and emotional.
1. Improves Appearance and self-esteem – One of the most obvious benefits of liposuction is the improvement in appearance. For many people, this can lead to a significant boost in self-confidence and self-esteem.
2. Removes stubborn fat deposits – Another big benefit of liposuction is that it can remove stubborn fat deposits that don’t respond to diet and exercise. This can help people finally achieve the body they’ve been working so hard for.
3. Makes other procedures more effective – Liposuction can also make other procedures, such as a tummy tuck or breast reduction, more effective. This is because the removal of excess fat can make the results of these procedures more noticeable.
4. Quick recovery time – One of the best things about liposuction is that the recovery time is relatively quick. Most people are back to their normal activities within a week or two.
5. Minimal scarring – Another big benefit of liposuction is that there is minimal scarring. This is because the incisions made during the procedure are small and the scars will fade over time.
6. Safe and effective – Liposuction is a safe and effective procedure when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon.
7. Can help men suffering from gynecomastia so they don’t have excessive breast tissue or “man boobs” that won’t go away.
8. Can help with removing benign but unattractive fatty tumors known as lipomas from certain part of the body.
9. Can be the encouragement needed to keep off excess weight because of the investment into that better look.