Impossibly Easy Breakfast Casserole
So the kids had recently become bored with the same old breakfast each morning and I decided it was time to mix things up. I wanted to try out a new breakfast casserole, mainly because they yield enough servings to last a few mornings. I stumbled across this impossibly easy breakfast casserole and boy was I surprised at how much the kids loved it… my oldest daughter kept saying how good it was while she was eating it… which is kind of a big deal because she it my biggest skeptic/food critic in the home. The recipe is super easy to follow, no fancy tricks or long preparation time, you would really have to try to mess this recipe up and trust me… I am the master of botching recipes and creating disasters. We ended up purchasing italian sausage with cheese for this recipe and it was AMAZING! Hope you try this out and enjoy, this casserole also taste great reheated so it truly can be for more than one morning!
- 1 (16 ounce) package bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup Bisquick™ Gluten Free mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook sausage, bell pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Mix sausage mixture, potatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese in baking dish.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk, pepper and eggs until blended. Pour over sausage mixture in baking dish.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake about 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.