Easy Vegan Lasagna Soup
Looking for a hearty soup that doesn’t have a ton of ingredients and is super quick to make? Then you are going to love this easy vegan lasagna soup! If you are a fan of lasagna but just don’t have the time or patience to make one, this soup is a great alternative and satisfies that craving.
Using a jar of sauce for this recipe makes it even easier and faster to make because you don’t have to worry about seasoning the soup. The mushrooms, red pepper and spinach are the perfect fillers for this soup and add such a sweet and savory flavor with every bite.
If you have yet to discover vegan cheese then you are missing out! I have fallen in love with Daiya and their mozzarella cheese is the perfect topping for this lasagna soup. Crack a little pepper on top, slice some fresh basil leaves and you are ready to enjoy a delicious bowl of soup! You are going to be amazed at just how much this tastes like lasagna, my children have already requested that I make this again for dinner tomorrow!
I hope you enjoyed this delicious, easy and 100% vegan recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you tried this recipe for yourself and what your thoughts were.
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) jar marinara
- 32 oz. low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups bow tie pasta
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, torn or thinly sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and saute until softened. Add garlic and bell pepper and continue to saute until pepper begins to soften, being careful not to burn the garlic. Add the mushrooms and saute until mushrooms are cooked.
- Stir in marinara and broth and bring to a simmer. Add pasta and simmer until done. Turn off heat and stir in spinach until it has wilted.
- Serve with a sprinkle of vegan mozzarella and fresh basil.