Delicious & Simple Vegan Couscous Wraps
Couscous is one of our favorite side dishes and the kids request it for dinner nearly every night. I decided to take our traditional couscous and make it into a meal that was both delicious and simple. This resulted in the most scrumptious vegan couscous wraps and I could easily eat them for lunch every single day. Even the kids were impressed with them a devoured them without a single complaint. The best part is that you can mix so many healthy ingredients in there.
Here is what you are going to need to make your vegan couscous wraps:
- 1 Cup of couscous
- 1 15oz can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- lettuce greens
- large tortilla wraps
- sea salt, basil and nutritional yeast for seasoning
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Turn off heat and add 1 cup of couscous, cover. Let sit for about 5 minutes
- While couscous is sitting, cook the chopped onion and mushrooms in a pan until tender
- Add in the couscous to the mushroom and onions. Add the garbanzo beans and 1/4 of the pasta sauce. Mix until all ingredients are well blended.
- Add in the seasonings, mix well.
- Place your tortilla down on a flat surface. Spread a spoonful of the pasta sauce on the tortilla. Place a layer of greens. Then add a few scoops of the couscous mix, flatten with the back of your spoon. Roll your tortilla wrap.
- Cook your tortillas on the stove top on medium to low heat for about 5 minutes each.
- Slice into equal sized portions and enjoy!
How easy was that? There are so many ways to change up this wrap by choosing different pasta sauces or mixing in various veggies, what ever you prefer!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Let me know in the comments below if you tried and what you thought!