Betty Crocker’s Favorite First Birthday Smash Cakes
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
We have all seen those adorable pictures of babies tearing away at a cake in celebration of their first birthday. The trend of cake smashing has recently become a popular event and I see more and more friends doing it now! We spend all this time teaching our children proper table manners and how to eat with a fork and spoon. Then we present them with this rare occasion in which they have permission to do as they please with a delicious little cake. The results are messy and precious all at the same time, I have yet to see a cake smash that didn’t bring a smile to my face! Do you have a baby that is approaching their one year mark and you would love to host a cake smash of your very own?
Here are a few of Betty Crocker’s favorite first birthday smash cake recipes!
- No. 1 Cutout Cake – This little cake says, “I’m one!” in a big way. Add your own twist to the toppings, including bits of fruit, crackers, sprinkles, cereal and more.
- Peas & Carrots Smash Cake – If you’re looking to sneak some fruits and veggies into baby’s first sweet treat, this round smash cake is your best bet.
- Polka Dot Smash Cake – Encourage your budding artist to create a messy masterpiece with this two-layered, three-inch round smash cake. The red confetti polka dots and turquoise-frosted cake will create swirls of color.
- Sprinkles Smash Cake – Transform baby’s favorite toy into an edible creation. All you need is a No. 1 cut-out template and sprinkles for a cute contrast.
- Striped Mini Smash Cake – Pastel frosting with bright orange stripes and polka dots make this two-layered round cake beg for baby’s attention.
- Confetti Cake Stack – Confetti sprinkles make this mini smash cake sweet and simple.
- Watercolor Cake – This elegant little cake features purple and teal pastels. It’s almost too lovely to smash.
Rubber Ducky Cake
No. 1 Cutout Cake
Confetti Cake Stack
3 thoughts on “Betty Crocker’s Favorite First Birthday Smash Cakes”
Don’t have kids yet but would love to cook them a cheap and simple cake since they just destroy it!!! love the great idea for cakes
love the number one cut out cake
Betty Crocker is my girl! I love these ideas. So sweet.