Baby Feeding Tools Worth The Investment
At Miss Frugal Mommy, you know we’re all about offering ways to not splash out excessively on things you really don’t need. We carefully consider our purchases and spend money on the things that we think are really important. When it comes to having a new baby, there are a ton of hidden costs and the bills can start piling in quickly. However, we’ve found two baby feeding tools that we think really are worth spending money on. Keep reading to find out more.
The 2 Best Baby Feeding Accessories in 2022
Our favorite baby feeding tools in 2022 are the Medela Breast Pump and a baby bottle sterilizer. Find out why now.
Of course we recommend this only if you’re going to be breastfeeding and want to share the load with someone. If not, jump ahead to our second product choice! The Medela breast pump is a serious medical device as an electric breast pump. It’s fast and efficient which we love and best suited for mums going back to work, heading out for a weekend away, or helping to increase your milk. It’s easy to use and relatively quiet too.
What to look for in your breast pump:
- Price: Depending on how often you’ll pump you can get more powerful pumps for a higher price point, or less powerful for a lower price.
- Electric vs manual: If you’re just planning to be an occasional pumper, then a manual pump could be a better option.
If you’re bottle feeding (whether you’re using formula or breast milk), then having a bottle sterilizer is a smart and savvy investment to make. Not only will it save you time from boiling your own bottles, it’s just incredibly easy to use. Trust me, the last thing a sleep deprived mama wants to do is deal with sterilizing a heap of bottles and dummies while the washing piles up. We think this tool is worth its weight in gold and you can find lots of different options at a variety of price points. The Philips Avent Sterilizer is one of the most reliable options (it takes just two minutes to sterilize and kill 99% of germs), plus it won’t break the bank as it’s one of the more affordable options on the market.
What to look for in your bottle sterilizer:
- Size: How many bottles do you need it to sterilize? Unless you’ve got twins or multiple children using bottles you probably don’t need one that can do 8 bottles at once.
- Price: Consider the machines with the drying option but understand that the price point is much higher.
- Storage: Consider how much storage room your kitchen has to inform the size of the machine you buy.
And that’s it! Inspired to invest in your own baby feeding tools without breaking the bank? Let us know your ride or die products in the comments below when it comes to tools that help with feeding baby easily.