6 Signs Your Child is Ready to Start Potty Training
A special thanks to Kandoo for providing the Miss Frugal Mommy blog with their products for free in exchange for an honest review!
Potty training is probably one of the biggest milestones in your child’s life, however not always a simple task to accomplish. No matter if you are a first time mom or a mother of five, no two children are alike and your process of potty training them will be entirely different for each one. While some grasp the concept of potty training and are diaper free in a few short weeks, there are those that will seem as if they will be going to kindergarten in diapers! I personally believe that it’s all about timing and making 100% sure your child is ready to start the potty training process. You have to make this all about them and allow them to make the decisions. There is no exact age for when your child should start potty training, it’s all about when they are ready. So here are 6 signs your child is ready to start potty training!
- Your child doesn’t like a wet or dirty diaper. At some point, a wet or dirty diaper becomes unpleasant to a child. If he or she tells you immediately after they wet or dirty the diaper, it may be time to start potty training.
- Your child likes to take the diaper off and doesn’t want to keep one on. This can be when the diaper is wet, soiled (the horror!), or even dry. Diapers just become uncomfortable at some point. Your child may be ready to train with regular underwear.
- Your child takes interest in seeing others use the toilet. This may seem gross, but kids learn by example. If Mommy, Daddy, big brother, or sister can use the potty, they often feel motivated to do the same.
- Your child tells you he or she is going #1 or #2. If your child can tell you when they’re wetting or soiling their diaper, it’s a super good sign that he or she is ready to start potty training.
- Your child wants to wear underwear like everyone else. Your child wants to be like you or siblings, even when it comes to underwear. Add to that the fun character underwear for kids, and he or she will definitely want to ditch the diapers!
- Your child is able to take off and pull on clothing. If it’s not apparent with the removal of diapers, your child should be able to at least pull down and pull up clothing. You don’t want any messes on clothing that isn’t from food or drinks!
If you have said yes to all 6 of these signs, then you are ready to begin the potty training journey! So head to the store and grab some reliable Kandoo products to help make this a successful process. Let’s take a look at some of the products our family loves and uses each day!
Kandoo Flushable Cleansing Wipes clean up to 30% better than toilet paper. As a mother of three I have found that these are far better to use during potty training than regular toilet paper. These wipes are both flushable and biodegradable, making them safe for sewer and septic systems. They are hypoallergenic, do not contain drying alcohols and are moistened with lotion to be extra soft. They are simply perfect for little hands- (about the size of two pieces of toilet paper) and allows children to do it all their own.
An important step in potty training is teacher your child proper hygiene and ensuring they clean their hands each time they go to the bathroom. Kandoo hand soap with BRIGHTFOAM® colors lets your child know when their hands are covered in soap. This is a huge advantage for you because you won’t have to constantly remind them to make sure they are cleaning their hands completely. Kandoo antibacterial hand soap kills 99.9% of germs, it’s dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, contains no parabens or SLS and is long lasting 200 plus pumps. This hand-wash also contains vitamin E and natural fruit extracts to moisturize while cleaning.
For tips, tools and resources, make sure to check out the potty training toolkit where you will find amble amount of information to help you in your potty training journey! There is also a downloadable chart, printable bathroom time charts, a door hanger, an”I Did It” Certificate, and SO much more!
You can also download a coupon for savings on Kandoo products, stock up now!
Connect With Kandoo
Along with the beloved Kandoo hand soap and wipes, you will also receive a t-shirt, printables and a few other little treats for your potty training journey. What a great prize package!