Looking for a simple summer recipe with a kick? You are going to love this delicious smoky shrimp pasta that is full of color and flavor!
We love spending time outdoors during the warmer months and meals enjoyed on the patio is not an uncommon occurrence! The summer passes so quickly and I would rather spend every spare moment enjoying it with family rather than being stuck in the kitchen cooking. Making meals that are quick and simple, yet delicious and flavorful is always great and I recently created one that falls under that category.
For this recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- 8 oz shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- 4 roma tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz penne pasta
*I am all about making your dish your very own! Add the above seasonings according to your likes and preferences.*
Here is what you need to do to create this amazing recipe!:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook on medium heat until the shrimp is cooked through, this should only take about 5-10 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the tomatoes, basil, spinach, and garlic. Cook on medium heat for about 3- 5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to your preferences. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add the shrimp back and drizzle with EVOO.
Anyone that visits our home knows that I am the QUEEN of paper plates! I loathe doing dishes so practically every meal is served on a paper plate… makes for sure an easy clean up! We have been through our share of disappointing paper plates, ones that simply can’t handle the mess and weight of the meals. However, a recent visit to Dollar General is where these quality and colorful plates caught my eye!
I have a lot of little hands that enjoy meals on paper plates. While I would be fine with a quality paper plate, I know that my children would be happy if they were also fun to eat off from! I fell in love with these limited edition designs on the Dixie Ultra® 20 ct. 10.5-inch Plate Limited Edition and Dixie® Everyday 26 ct. 10.5-inch Plate Limited Edition.
These plates include attractive designs and outstanding strength at an affordable price! The plates contain 5 layers and are 50% stronger than the leading store brand, so you are actually doubling up on servings… not plates! They are cut-resistant and microwavable, which makes reheating leftovers a breeze. The Soak Proof Shield™ is my favorite feature because I can not stand when burger grease and dressing leaks through a plate onto the table!