Smoky Shrimp Pasta: Easy Summer Recipe!
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com) to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
Looking for a simple summer recipe with a kick? You are going to love this delicious smoky shrimp pasta that is full of color and flavor! This recipe is super simple and one of the easiest ones you will ever make. Friends and family will be begging you all summer to make this and before you know it… you will have the recipe down by heart!
We love spending time outdoors during the warmer months and meals enjoyed on the patio is not an uncommon occurrence! The summer passes so quickly and I would rather spend every spare moment enjoying it with family rather than being stuck in the kitchen cooking. Making meals that are quick and simple, yet delicious and flavorful is always great and I recently created one that falls under that category.
For this recipe you are going to need the following ingredients:
- Le Stagioni d’ Italia 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Italian seasoning
- 4 roma tomatoes (seeded & chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 6 oz fresh spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz penne pasta
*I am all about making your dish your very own! Add the above seasonings according to your likes and preferences.*
Here is what you need to do to create this amazing recipe!:
1. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add shrimp, red pepper flakes, paprika, Italian seasoning and salt in the skillet and cook on medium heat until the shrimp is cooked through, this should only take about 5-10 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
2. In the same skillet, add the tomatoes, basil, spinach, and garlic. Cook on medium heat for about 3- 5 minutes, or until the spinach wilts just a little and tomatoes release some of their juice. Remove from heat and adjust seasoning to your preferences. Remove from heat, cover with a lid and set aside.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain the pasta and add to the skillet with the tomatoes and spinach. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
4. Once pasta and veggies are off heat, add the shrimp back and drizzle with EVOO.
I am literally drooling as a type this… how amazing does this dish look? I swear I could eat just this the rest of my life and would be happy as can be!
Having good quality ingredients is also a key factor for making sure this recipe turns out spectacular. One recommendation I would like to make for this recipe is the EVOO brand Le Stagioni d’ Italia.
100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the first cold pressed olive oil from the first round of extraction of fresh, intact olives. This product has not been heated during processing, so it retains its full nutritional value. Plus this olive oil is harvested in Italy, is vegan, gluten free, and contains no additives or preservatives.
100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil has a robust flavor of artichoke and almond, with a medium bitter and spicy aftertaste, as well as a green, ripe, fruity aroma with a leafy feel. This 100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil is going to give your recipe all that extra flavor (without extra work or ingredients) that will stand out tremendously in this dish with every bite!
If you are looing for an alternative to pasta, you can always swap it with some risotto. Le Stagioni d’ Italia Carnaroli rice is a really great option and would be a great way to change up the recipe if you are looking for a healthier alternative to the pasta.
100% Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil typically retails for $19.99 for a 500 mL bottle. Make sure to stop by the Flavor Your Life to view all of their great products!