This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of RAGÚ® Homestyle Pasta Sauce. All opinions are entirely my own. #Ragutailgating
Looking for a delicious and simple recipe for game day that everyone will enjoy? Then you are going to love this recipe for meatball sliders!
Tailgating and football gatherings are a big deal here in Georgia and I am always looking for fun new recipes that everyone will enjoy! I don’t always have time to be stuck in the kitchen and prepare food all day, so finding recipes that don’t require a lot of prep work and ingredients is what I aim for. My search for an easy and quick game day recipe eventually inspired me to create some meatball sliders and let me tell you… they were an instant hit!
Hosting a big game day event is stressful enough, the last thing you need is to worry about not having enough food to keep everyone happy. What I loved most about these meatball sliders is how inexpensive and simple they are to make in large quantities. You could make dozens of these for an affordable price!
You can always make your own meatballs for this recipe, but if you really want to save on time… just grab a bag of frozen meatballs! I sautéed some frozen meatballs on the stove until they were no longer frozen prior to adding them to the main recipe. This saved me so much time and came out just as delicious.
I have to say that the pasta sauce is really what makes this recipe flavorful and delicious… don’t settle for just any old sauce. The RAGÚ® Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce is the only sauce I will use in this recipe. RAGÚ uses peeled, chopped and simmered ingredients to create a robust texture, which really adds to the recipe. That made-from-scratch taste is amazing and your guests will think you spent hours simmering the sauce to perfection. Here are a few other reasons to add RAGÚ Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce to your recipe:
- Farm grown ingredients, vine ripened tomatoes, fragrant herbs (fennel, garlic, basil, ground black pepper)
- No artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup, and no artificial history
- RAGÚ lets you see, smell and savor their longstanding tradition of fresh tastes
- RAGÚ Homestyle sauce comes in more than 4 delicious flavors including; RAGÚ Homestyle, Cheese Pasta Sauce, RAGÚ Meat Pasta Sauce and RAGÚ Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Available at your local Kroger, make sure to download the coupon for $0.75 off any ONE RAGÚ Homestyle Pasta Sauce before heading to the grocery store
These RAGÚ homestyle sauces are the perfect tailgate or homegate spread for entertaining your friends and family for The Big Game. Don’t let your guest leave the party hungry, whip up a few plates full of these meatball sliders… I guarantee there won’t be a single slider left by the end of the night!
- 12 Slider buns
- 12 Meatballs, cooked (I used frozen meatballs for this recipe)
- 2 C Ragu® Homestyle Traditional Pasta Sauce
- 2 c Mozzarella shredded cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the bottom half of the slider buns in a casserole dish.
- Spoon some sauce on top of each bun, then place a meatball on each, add a little more sauce over the meatballs.
- Cover the meatballs in mozzarella cheese.
- Place the top buns over the meatballs and brush them with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the top of the buns with Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Cover the dish with tinfoil and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove the tinfoil and continue baking for another 10 minutes