Cheesy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Looking for a delicious and cheesy vegan mashed potato that the whole family will love? You are sure to love this quick and simple recipe, plus you will never believe what the secret ingredient is!
My kids absolutely love mashed potatoes and could seriously eat it as their main course. I decided to create a recipe that would transform a regular mashed potato side dish and add enough nutrition and flavor to make it a meal! After a bowl of this, you will feel so satisfied and relieved knowing you just enjoyed a healthy meal that won’t leave you feeling bloated and icky. So let’s take a look at the ingredients needed to create this scrumptious cheesy vegan mashed potatoes.
I am going to skip creating a recipe card for this recipe because it only a few steps and quite simple to make. Here are the ingredients you will need to create this recipe… are you ready to find out the secret ingredient!?
- White Potatoes
- 2 Zucchinis <—–the secret ingredient!
- Almond Milk
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic Powder
- Cayenne Pepper
- Fresh Green Onions
- Chop your potatoes into small pieces, the skin is rich in nutrients that benefit your health, so keep them on.
- Peel the skin from your zucchini and chop into small circles.
- Boil both the potatoes and zucchini until soft, drain when done
- In a mixer, ad the boiled potatoes and zucchini and start mixing. Gradually add about 2TBSP of almond milk, a few dashes of garlic powder and cayenne pepper.
- Add a very generous amount of nutritional yeast to the potatoes as they are mixing. I don’t measure this out, just add it until it has a yellow tint, this is really just personal preference. I would say that I probably add about a half a cup though.
- Once your mashed potatoes are mixed, add them to a plate and top with fresh green onions and sprinkle more nutritional yeast on top… enjoy!
These cheesy mashed potatoes come out so amazing and are so filling that we eat them as a main dish for lunch. I love to pair mine with some sauteed kale and mushrooms, but feel free to pair with your own favorite side.