Skillshare: Learn Real-World Skills from Incredible Teachers
This is a sponsored post written by me, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Learn essential skills from industry leaders who are shaping the world of fashion today. Whether you are an aspiring apparel brand mogul or simply looking to write your first style blog post, the Skillshare School of Fashion and Style will provide you with the tools to make it happen.
Everyone is a Teacher
“You can learn from anyone – which means we’re all teachers. The best way to confirm your understanding of something is to share it with someone else. We all have things we’re passionate about sharing with the world. If you’ve done something for even a few days more than someone else, you have valuable knowledge to share. Why teach? Because teaching is inspiring, motivating, life-changing, challenging, and all of the above. The best teachers simply ask the right questions, facilitate students to discover, and find their individual passion. Amen!”
Skillshare offers a friendly community of enthusiastic people that want to share their talents and skills with eager learners. Their Fashion and Style Classes are listed on an easy to navigate platform that makes it simple to pinpoint a particular class that meets your specific interest. I was amazed by the amount of fantastic classes that were available to choose from ! One class that immediately peeked my interest was the “Introduction to Photoshop: Fundamentals for Beginners.” As an active product review blogger, companies expect me to take quality pictures in order to produce a quality review on their product. I have dabbled into the world of photoshop but found myself instantly lost and confused on how to use the program. I am simply just wanting to learn the basics of photoshop and how to create beautifully edited pictures. This inexpensive class just so happens to be focusing on guiding you through all of the basic features, as well as help you create your own mood board.
Here is a great description of the class:
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn the fundamentals of Photoshop that you’ll need for any sort of project. Through a series of video lessons on topics such as enhancing photographs, adding typography to a composition, creating shapes, applying effects, exporting for print and web, and more, we’ll learn a multitude of skills beneficial to any type of occupation. You’ll leave this class with a great understanding of Photoshop and an eagerness to create!
- Setting up your Photoshop canvas. Learn how to create a new document, the difference between designing for web and designing for print, and why Photoshop matters. You’ll learn the basics such as exporting files and saving your work.
- Editing Images. Learn how to crop, resize, retouch, and enhance your photography.
- Adding Typography. Learn how to add text to your images, strengthen your composition with type, and format text and paragraphs.
- Controlling Color. Learn how to choose colors that enhance your work while communicating the message of your project.
- Creating Compositions. Learn how to rearrange your images, organize elements on your canvas, space items attractively, use Photoshop layers, and put everything together into a beautiful design.