Quinoa Crusted Tofu Nuggets
What kid doesn’t love chicken nuggets, am I right? My kids sure do! As a vegan mother raising three mini vegans, I am always seeking out healthy alternatives to meat products. While I know there are many meatless vegan nuggets you can purchase in the freezer section in the organic section of the grocery store, those are not the healthiest option. They are full of tons of ingredients and packed full of sodium for preservatives… they’re not the ideal nugget that I want my nugget loving kids to consume regularly.
I decided it was time to create a vegan nugget from scratch, no matter how messy or time consuming it may be because my children’s health is a commitment. We recently made these delicious quinoa crusted tofu nuggets and the kids were so pleased with them! The best part is that it only consist of three ingredients and 20 minutes of baking before they are ready to enjoy.
For this recipe you are going to need three ingredients, they are as followed:
- 1 lb firm or extra firm tofu, drained and pressed of any water
- Bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (any healthy, thick sauce.)
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Add a wired rack on top of a baking sheet (not necessary but this is the most convenient option because heat can get underneath the nuggets and you will avoid the need to flip them.)
- Slice tofu into little nuggets shapes. Coat them generously in BBQ sauce and then cover them with cooked quinoa. Place onto wired rack. Continue until none remain.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until quinoa is browned and crispy. Serve alongside your favorite dipping sauce!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you tried and what you thought!