Find&Save for Black Friday
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Find&Save. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Understanding the Black Friday Shopper
A key objective of the Find&Save Black Friday Shopping Survey was to understand their motivations for Black Friday shopping.
- While primarily motivated by the sales, Black Friday shoppers are also driven by the thrill of the competition to find a good deal and more likely to have a tradition built around Black Friday shopping.
- Black Friday shoppers show little store brand loyalty and are typically lured by specific deals or items they find when planning their shopping trip. The kinds of deals that are most alluring are those offering a percentage discount.
- They are also much more likely to complete the majority of their holiday shopping on Black Friday.
Night Owl vs. Early Bird Black Friday Shoppers
The Find&Save survey compared the results of two different types of Black Friday shoppers: the “Night Owls” – Black Friday shoppers leaving their house before 5:00 AM, and the “Early Birds” – Black Friday shoppers leaving their house after 5:00 AM. An infographic showing highlights of Night Owls vs. Early Birds can be accessed here.
- The Night Owl shoppers are likely to get most of their holiday shopping completed – 63 percent typically complete more than half of their shopping on Black Friday, compared to 42 percent among the Early Bird shoppers leaving after 5 AM.
- Overall, 53 percent of the Night Owls and 38 percent of the Early Birds said they “love it” when asked how they felt about Black Friday sales starting early on Thursday evening and extending through Sunday.
- About 75 percent of Night Owls are shopping for electronics, compared to 60 percent of the Early Bird shoppers.
- While both sets of shoppers are primarily interested in finding a great deal, 40 percent of the Night Owls said they enjoy the competition, vs. 24 percent of the Early Bird shoppers.
Find&Save is the perfect destination for Black Friday, helping shoppers to plan and maximize their shopping experience. Find&Save arms shoppers with the tools they need to research local sales, products and retailers in their area, find the deals that are important to them, map store locations, create shopping lists and receive deal alerts. Find&Save is available across all tablet, mobile and web browsers, as well as on Find&Save® for iPad, with Find&Save for iPhone coming soon.
Miss Frugal Mommy: The Night Owl Shopper
Last year was the first time that I really engaged in the black Friday madness and boy did I love it! I would most defiantly say that I am the night owl shopper and the person that is staying up all hours of the night waiting to catch that fantastic deal. I found myself laughing out loud, reading the survey results, as I realized how much of it was true about myself. I can not tell you how many items I bought from the black Friday deals not necessarily because I needed them, but because the thrill of getting them faster than the crowd at such an unbeatable price was so much fun! The competition of it all was really what drove me to get the items. I also managed to get almost all of my shopping done because of these spectacular deals! A website like Find&Save will be a great resource for being on top of my game this year!