Facial Masks Can Revitalize Your Skin
Even if you have been diligent in caring properly for your skin, you will be able to benefit from a facial mask. Facial masks provide that extra level of skin care that ordinary treatments will not provide. Most masks smell lovely, too, and because they must be left on for a certain length of time, give you the opportunity to relax and let some of the day’s stress flow away. Masks are used mostly to help with a particular problem you may be having with your skin, so it’s important to use one that fits your skin type and condition.
The Different Kinds of Facial Masks
Facial masks are formulated differently in order to deal with individual skin types. They are used not only to provide treatment for troubling conditions, but also to keep nice skin in top form. Whether you have your mask applied at the aesthetician’s clinic or use a mask at home, be sure to choose one that is appropriate. Always remember not to apply the mask around your eyes, the sensitive skin there should be left alone.
- If you have dry, flaking skin, you may well benefit from a cream mask. These masks contain oils that will help to nourish and replenish dry skin. Even the most pampered dry skin can sometimes cause problems, especially during the winter when the air is very dry. A cream mask can help to supply the additional moisture dry skin needs.
- Oily skin is often skin that is suffering from acne, and for these problems, a clay facial mask is the answer. Clay masks will help to draw out excess oil and skin impurities. These masks will also help to reduce pore size and tighten the skin. Best applied after the face has been cleaned, you can read more here for further acne help.
- Warm oil masks will usually only be used by your aesthetician. Skin that has begun to show its age will especially benefit from these masks. Warm oil masks not only nourish the skin directly, they also increase blood flow to your face to provide more support to your skin.
- Exfoliating masks are called for if you have been plagued by flaking skin or dark spots. A mask of this type that contains lactic acid is also great for evening out your skin tone. Because exfoliating masks contain substances such as microbeads or wood fibers, they might not be suited for those with sensitive skin.
- Sheet, or peel-off, masks are very suitable for dry and mature skin. These masks often contain hydrolyzing ingredients that will help restore lost moisture to the skin. These masks can be made of wax, gel, or even plastic, and like exfoliating masks, they do increase blood circulation to the face. Your face will feel tighter after the use of a sheet mask.
- Gel masks are perfect for sensitive skin. These masks will help to soothe and heal sensitive skin that may be irritated by even normal skin care. Gel masks contain antioxidants that help to heal damaged skin and slow the effects of aging. As gel masks also provide moisture to the skin, they are also appropriate for dry skin.
- Charcoal masks are used to detoxify the skin and clean out the pores. However, there have been problems reported, especially when attempting to remove these masks, so some caution should be used with charcoal masks.
How to Use a Facial Mask
Whether you are using a mask at home or at a spa or clinic, the mask will not simply be placed on the face without proper preparation. In order to get the maximum benefit from a mask, the skin must be prepared for the treatment.
- The first step before putting on a facial mask is to completely remove all makeup by a thorough, but gentle cleansing. Use the soap or cleanser that you have found to be best for your skin type.
- Many aestheticians recommend using an exfoliant after the skin has been cleaned. This will remove dead skin cells and make the skin more receptive to the mask.
- Opening up your pores is also important as it will allow the mask to ‘get into’ your skin more effectively. Although the use of hot water for ordinary cleaning is not recommended, it should be used now to make your skin more receptive. You can use a hot, wet compress, hold your face over a bowl of hot water to take advantage of the steam, or even take a quick shower.
- Apply the mask, sit back, and relax for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off the mask, and begin your normal skin care regimen.
Facial masks can provide just that extra bit of care and pampering that your face deserves. While some facial masks can be used every day, such as cream masks, other masks should be used only once or twice a month, such as charcoal masks. Be very careful when removing gel masks as pulling them off too quickly can irritate the skin.
2 thoughts on “Facial Masks Can Revitalize Your Skin”
These all facial mask can be effective. I have used charcoal mask and it best treatment for oily skin. It absorbs oil and dirt from the skin and provides a clear, fresh skin.
Facial marks works magically on the skin. It gives glow and natural shine to the skin and keeps your skin hydrated. There are a lot of benefits of using it. If you are using it for the first time, don’t worry; just go for it.