Delicious Vegan Cheese Dip Recipe
One of the hardest sacrifices of going vegan is giving up cheese! I have been obsessed with cheese since I was a young girl and it is up there on the list of my favorite foods. I recently stumbled across this vegan cheese dip recipe and made it this afternoon and… wow, just wow! Such a delicious alternative to real cheese and the health benefits are just amazing.
One of the biggest concerns I had when going over this recipe was that apparently it formed a cheesy texture once mixed in a blender. I was very skeptical about this… but boy was I wrong! This has the same cheesy texture that regular cheese dips contain.
The two main ingredients in this recipe are potatoes and carrots. This is truly a simple, affordable and fun recipe to create and watch come together. I was also amazed to see how much my children loved this dip and it felt great knowing they were eating something so healthy and nutritious.
If you are someone that has contemplated going vegan but just can’t give up that delicious cheese, know that you do not have to! There are so many healthier alternatives and it doesn’t have to be expensive. I think a lot of people assume becoming vegan is expensive, when in actuality it it incredibly affordable and forces you to be more educated about the foods that you consume.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please let me know in the comment section down below if you gave this vegan cheese dip a try and what you thought! I am going to try this recipe in macaroni and cheese next because that is another dish that is a family favorite in out home.
- 2 C. potatoes, diced large
- 1 C. carrots, diced large
- 1/2 C. water
- 1/3 C. olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice (fresh is best!)
- 1/2 C. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (opt.)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder (opt.)
- dash of cayenne (opt.)
- 1/2 tsp. McKay's chicken-style seasoning, vegan (opt.)
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until soft.
- Blend potatoes and carrots together along with the rest of the ingredients on high in blender until the cheese is extremely smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week.
- This cheese will melt just like real cheese! If it sets up a little in your fridge, just microwave it for about 30 seconds—it will soften up again so it’s easy to spread.