Why Is It Essential to Meet the Educators before Selecting the Child Care Center for Your Little One?
It is scary for parents to trust strangers to look after their children. This is why smart parents always meet the educators at a child care centre before enrolling their children! When you meet the educators, you feel much more at ease because you know the people taking care of your child. When you locate child care near you, please visit them and chat with the team. Trust us – you won’t regret it!
4 Reasons You Should Meet Your Child’s Educators before Enrolment
Let’s say you were looking to buy a new freezer, vacuum cleaner, or a car. You would probably discuss it with your friends and family members or find some information in consumer magazines, on the Internet or in other publications before you make your purchase.
Similarly, when selecting a child care centre for your little one, you need to make some calls, look for reports about the centre in your local paper and meet the educators to get all the information you need.
Here are four reasons you need to meet your child’s educators:
1. To Learn about the Curriculum and Policies
The best way to learn about a child care centre’s curriculum and policies is to head over and meet the team. Sure, the centre may have these details on their website or social media pages, but you’ll have a clearer idea of what to expect once you visit and meet the educators in person.
Following are some questions you can ask the educators at a child care centre regarding the curriculum and policies:
- Do you have a strong program of core academic subjects such as English, mathematics, science, and arts?
- What courses do you offer?
- How do I know my child will learn how to read here?
- Does the centre have a special focus or theme for the curriculum?
- What special achievements or recognition has this centre received?
2. To Learn about the Culture
Some child care centres might have flexible policies and a strong curriculum, but what good is that centre if it does not have a culture that fosters growth and child development? Having a culture of learning is very important.
Here are some questions you can ask the educators about the culture when you meet them:
- Are the secretary and administrative staff members helpful and friendly?
- How do you keep the centre neat and organised?
- What do your bulletin boards look like?
- How do you display student work?
- How does the centre communicate with parents?
- How are children with diverse or special learning needs treated?
3. To Learn about the Educators Themselves
Suppose you know all about a child care centre’s curriculum, policies and culture, but unless you meet the educators, you won’t know what kind of people will be looking after your child! It is very important to meet the educators because it will help you know more about them and their work. It will be easier for you to set expectations from educators once you meet them.
Here are some questions you can get the answers to if you meet the educators:
- Do educators have high expectations from children?
- How do educators inform parents of their expectations?
- Do educators share course objectives with parents?
- When and how frequently are educators available for parent conferences?
- Are all the educators highly qualified to take care of children and teach them?
- Do all educators have the skills and knowledge needed to care for children with special needs?
4. To Get All Your Questions Answered
Once you locate child care near you with Toddler, you’ll have a million questions running through your mind. Just relax! Take a deep breath and schedule a meeting with the educators before taking any further steps. Meeting with your child’s educators before enrolling them will give you a chance to ask all the questions that have been bothering you. A highly-dedicated and genuine educator will take the time to answer all your questions patiently, so you leave satisfied with the child care centre and ready to enrol your little one.