Baking does need skill but if you are a cake lover then no obstacle can keep you away from one. To bake a delicious cake, all you need to do is follow the recipe by the word and of course, your heart. If you are a chocolate lover, then this recipe is for you. Nothing else is needed to make a scrumptious chocolate than your desire to devour it. So, if you are craving a chocolate cake today, then put the apron on; we are going to guide you through every step to relish your taste bud with this easy chocolate cake recipe.
- 3/4 cups of softened butter
- 4 eggs (white or brown)
- 2.5 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1.5 cups of milk
- 6 inches x 1.5 inches round pans
- Pre-heat the oven upto 350 degrees.
- Grease the pans with butter properly.
- Sprinkle flour over the pan so as to cover the grease.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder to the pans. Mix them and keep it aside.
- Take a separate bowl and add butter, eggs and vanilla to it.
- While whisking the above mentioned ingredients together, add sugar gradually.
- Stir or whisk the mixture till the lumps disappear and smooth flowing mixture remains.
- Add flour and milk, alternatively to the batter while whisking it at the same time.
- Beat the batter till it is smooth enough to flow but don’t make it too runny.
- Pour the batter into the round pans which were set aside after greasing and flouring.
- Put the pans into ovens and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick whether they are done or not. If yes, then take them out and let them cool. If not, bake for a few more minutes.
- Take the cake out of the pan and allow it to cool completely.
- Add frosting on the top and sides, and voila! The yummylicious chocolate cake is ready to eat. Do tell us how did it taste in comments below.