Why Is Roti Beneficial For You?
In every Indian Household, Roti plays an important part. Whether it is lunch or dinner – most India families will need Roti. But have you wondered what makes Roti so important? Here are some of the known as well as unknown reasons that make Roti an essential in your diet:
- Filled With Nutrients
Rotis contain a lot of nutrients. Apart from being low in terms of calories, you can get several minerals from it. Iodine, zinc, copper, potassium, calcium are some of the additional mineral salts. Hence, a roti a day can keep you healthy and fit.
- Good For Skin
If you have skin problems, then you must eat rotis every day. As mentioned before, it contains a lot of minerals. These minerals are good for your skin and keep your skin fresh. Rather than buying expensive products for your skin, you can take a balanced diet with Roti in it. You will see that your skin condition will improve.
- Great Source Of Energy
Roti is included in every important meal. Not only of it tastes delicious, but it also a great source of energy. Roti contains carbohydrates and contains whole wheat. Not only will you feel satiated, but you will also feel energized. This is unlike the time when you eat rice as it makes you feel drowsy. Certain studies have also suggested that Roti can also boost your mood and keep you active all throughout the day.
- Helps To Build Immunity Against Diseases
Nutritional food items such as Roti are a great option in case you want to strengthen your immunity system. If you are prone to falling sick every now and then, then you must eat Roti almost every day. Packed with so many nutrients, it helps to build up your immunity system and helps you fight common diseases.
- Deals With Anaemia
If you are troubled by iron deficiency or by anaemia, then Roti can help you deal with. Rotis are filled with different minerals and nutrients, with Iron being one of them. Due to the Iron, the haemoglobin level in your body rises if you rotis every day. You will feel more fresh and active. The tiredness that comes with anaemia will be gone as your body will be producing enough red blood cells and white blood cells.
- Good For Diabetics
Rice can increase the sugar levels of a diabetic; it is not the case with rotis. Rotis are rich with fibre. If you have diabetes that has a problem keeping a balanced sugar level, then you should replace rice with Roti.
- Good To Fight With Obesity
If you are obese, then you should avoid eating rice every day. Rotis, on the other hand, is a great alternative. You will not feel hungry all the time if you eat rotis. One roti can keep you satiated for hours. This is extremely important in case you wanted to lose weight and become healthier. Moreover, it has lesser calories in it and can help you keep a check on your weight.
- Helps With Constipation
People who are troubled by constipation need to include a number of rotis in their diet. Indians eat a lot of spice, and that is why many of them are constipated most of the times. However, instead of taking laxatives to deal with the problems, you can eat rotis instead. Rotis are filled with fibre and can help in getting relief from constipation.
How Can You Make Your Roti More Healthy?
Roti has a lot of health benefits, but only if it is made properly. There are a few ways to make sure that you get all the benefits from the Roti that you are eating:
- Make sure that you do not use fattening products such as oil and ghee, to make your Roti. It will cancel out all the health benefits that a roti provides with.
- Make sure that you make a roti that is made with whole wheat flour. You need to avoid refined wheat flour while making rotis as you will not get the nutrients that a roti has.
- You can add a few things to make your whole wheat flour even healthier. Adding pearl millet, chickpea, soybean flour, Bulgar wheat flour and ragi fortifies the whole wheat flour and makes it more delicious as well as healthy.
How To Make Rotis?
If you don’t have a robotic roti maker like rotimatic then you have to make it by hands. Making rotis manually can be a tedious process for a beginner.
- At first, you need to prepare the dough from the whole wheat flour for your Roti. You have to take two cups of wheat flour in a bowl along.
- Remember to not mix water all at one with the flour. You need to add water slowly and start mixing it with your hands.
- Once the dough is formed, you do not have to add any more water.
- You have to make your dough smooth. For that, you have to knead it properly. You will be able to see that if you press your finger against the dough, you should be able to leave a mark. That should be the consistency of your dough.
- The next step is to get a wooden base and a rolling pin to make your Roti. You have to start by making little balls out of the dough and flatten it on top of your wooden base.
- The next step involves you rolling out those little balls of the flattened dough.
- Make sure that you apply equal pressure on each side.
- Keep some dry wheat flour nearby and apply it before starting to roll again.
- The next step is to preheat a Tawa and dust off the extra flour from the rolled out dough.
- You can use tongs or your hands to place the dough on the Tawa.
- Wait till air pockets and some brown spots appear on the Roti.
- Then you can turn it around and place the other side of the Roti on the Tawa.
- Do this a couple of times till you get around and fluffy Roti.
It might seem like an easy process, but a lot of people have problems while making Roti. However, with Rotimatic, you can make rotis easily. A Rotimatic roti maker is an appliance that will measure, mix, knead, flatten and cook your Roti perfectly. It is economical as well as it doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket. What are you waiting for? Start eating rotis every day to live a healthy life!