Vegan Creamy Mafalda Pasta With Green Beans & Maitake Mushrooms
Back at it with another amazing and simple vegan pasta dish because this girl… loves her pasta! I was so excited to share this one with you because it is not your traditional pasta dish, more unique and fancy, yet still super easy to make! Plus it contains one of my all time favorite veggies… mushrooms! I seriously could (and actually do) eat mushrooms every.single.day! With summer in full swing and kids home for school break, I know how hectic and busy life can get. We can’t always make these spectacular five star meals, yet we don’t want to resort to fast food, delivery or premade meals (all pretty unhealthy options!) The next step is to find simple meals that are delicious and something the entire family will enjoy. I have been creating a lot of recipes like this recently, so make sure the check out all our simple vegan recipes for meals that are affordable and easy to whip up!
I have transformed this recipe into a vegan version by using almond milk and vegan mayonnaise. This gives it a really thick and cream texture that isn’t too heavy.
I just love how the mushrooms blend into the dish and topped with fresh oregano… how could you not want to devour this dish right away?!
While you are cooking the ingredients in your frying pan, why not try going oil free? You will notice that in the recipe card down below I cook/sauteed my ingredients with water as opposed to olive oil. This is a great way to make this dish even healthier and I promise, you aren’t even going to know the difference when you are enjoying the finished product.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Let me know in the comments below if you made this recipe at home and what you thought?
- 10 Ounces Mafalda Pasta
- 10 Ounces Fresh Green Beans
- 7 Ounces Maitake Mushrooms
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Bunch Fresh Oregano
- 1TBSP Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Mayo
- Cook the pasta according to package.
- Tear the mushroom into bite sized pieces. Cook on the stove top until lightly browned and crispy.
- Add the green beans and garlic to the mushrooms. Add a few TBSP of water and cook until the green beans are bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta to the mushroom/green bean mixture.
- Add the almond milk and mayo, mix and then gradually add the flour, mixing well again. Cook until sauce has thickened and everything is well coated in the sauce.
- Serve hot and topped with fresh oregano!