Rules 101: How One Can Master in Rugby League
In Australia Rugby League is enjoyed by one and all. Battling to be the top team among 16 clubs for 26 rounds, the club players make this sporting event a spectacle for one of the world’s largest attended audiences for any sport.
The sport is played on a rectangular grass field, and the main objective of the game is to score more points by carrying or kicking the ball towards the opposing team’s goal line. Within the 80 minutes of play, the team scoring more points is chosen as the winner, and if the game results in a draw, then the game may enter the extra-time period.
Betting on Rugby League
With so many matches taking place in this league, there is excitement among fans to bet on their favourite teams. Due to this betting on Rugby League is getting more popular, and has led to an increased demand for Rugby League betting platforms. You get to see various platforms providing different strategies to win your bets.
You can visit website and find value in these markets before betting your money. Some of the platforms offer betters with many features including a high-powered bet slip, improved racing form with full odds fluctuation charts as well as Cash Out making facilities. So, try your luck and be prepared with all the information before making a move.
Let’s understand in detail about Rugby League to get some hands-on strategies and tactics
- The game is played by passing the ball in a backward or sideways direction.
- A teammate has to be attentive and should not move ahead of the player with the ball, or else he will be ruled offside.
- The game starts from the centre of the field. In some situations, the game is restarted if a player breaks the rules by standing in the goal area.
- A team gets a maximum of six tackles, after which the ball is ‘handed over’ to the opponent team.
- A player carrying the ball is knocked to the ground to disallow their free run with the ball towards the try line. This attempt to knock a player is called a tackle.
- A scrum is formed when a player drops the ball on being tackled.
- During the game penalties are awarded in case of high tackles, hitting an opponent, tripping, using foul or abusive language.
Essential Rules of Rugby League
- A knock-on is not allowed by the players who knock the ball towards the boundary line using hands.
- A player cannot be standing within their goal line.
- The ball must come into contact with the foot to kick-off at the 20-meter line.
- Whenever the ball is kicked over the opponent’s boundary line, a scrum restarts the game.
- If a player moves down the field before the ball has been kicked, then he can be penalized.
Some ways to master the game and score more points
- Try: Manage to score a ‘try’ to add 4 points to the scoreline by grounding the ball over the try line of the opponent team.
- Conversion: After scoring a try, you get another opportunity to score points by kicking the ball directly between goalposts and above the crossbar for two extra points.
- Drop goal: Drop-kick the ball slowly with a strategy to score the goal between posts and above the crossbar.
- Penalty goal: After a foul or infringement on your run, your team is awarded a penalty for a free-kick. Try to kick the ball between goalposts directly and you score two points.
Learn and get to enjoy this crazy game by understanding the different facets of the Rugby League. It accounts for a large portion of rugby betting and pits the best of the best against each other. So, look out for trusted betting and trusted risk management advisors to make a move in this Betting Rugby League.