How to Choose the Best Bed Sheets
I will never forget the first time I walked into the sheet aisle and has to decide on which one to purchase. Towers of sheets on both sides of me and I didn’t have a single clue what any of them meant. For years I just grabbed the cheapest ones… sheets that were on sale… or whichever looked nice. I never considered which fabric the sheets were made from. A decade or so since my beginning ventures in sheet shopping and I would have to say I have a broader knowledge when it comes to this topic. So here we go… let’s discuss what you should consider when trying to find the best bed sheets for you home!
The most important thing you want to consider is the type of material you would like to choose for your sheets. There is no specific answer to this because it is completely personal preference. You are going to be sleeping on theses sheets on average 8 hours a night, seven days a week, so make sure you have a good idea of what you like. Here are your options:
- Microfiber: composed of very finely woven fibers, defined by their thickness, or denier, which is the measurement of a fiber’s thickness. A high denier points to a material of higher thickness, a low denier is one of lower thickness.
- Cotton: The best quality (and most expensive) is 100% Egyptian, which has extra-long-staple fibers that produce sumptuous, yet extremely durable sheets.
- Pima or Supima cotton: A medium-to-extra-long staple fibers material, is known for its softness and sheen and is a little more affordable than Egyptian cotton.
- Linen: Ideal for hot climates, linen sheets are some of the most expensive out there, but will last for decades.
- Poly-blend sheets: Easy and resistant to wrinkles.
Now I have to say that I am ultimately fond of microfiber sheets! I sleep so much better in these sheets and wake up each morning feeling refreshed and full of energy. My favorite sheets right now are silky soft and the most comfortable and luxurious bed sheets I have ever had!
The Mellanni Bed Sheet Set is a luxury 4pc bed sheets set which includes 1 flat sheet, 1 fitted sheet and 2 pillowcases . Deep pocket fitted sheet with elastic all around (not just the corners, like other sheets). As a busy mother of three I find that the sheets being easy to care for a much favorable feature. They are also fade, stain, shrink and wrinkle resistant. These are all features you want to take into consideration because if you don’t have time to clean and care for high maintenance sheets, they they are just going to end up in the linen closet.
My last bit of advice to you is to consider paying extra for a quality set of sheets! Yes I am all about saving money and being frugal, but bed sheets aren’t something that you purchase frequently. Shop for quality, not prince and you will find the best bed sheets for you.