Having a strong immunity can be a gift for you. However, not everyone is born with it. A weak immunity can mean falling sick every more often and being vulnerable to infections and diseases. If you have a weak immune system, it doesn’t mean that you should get stuck with it forever. There are things you can do to strengthen your immunity. Find out some of the steps you can take in this regard in this guide.
1. Eat the Right Food
You can take the right food to strengthen your immune system. When it comes to food for the immune system, there is more emphasis on colored fruits and vegetables. You should focus on including balanced portions of different fruits and vegetables containing different vitamins and minerals. Some of the best foods for strengthening the immune system are as follows:
- Blueberries: They are rich in antioxidants such as anthocyanin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is used for cooking and is a part of alternative medicine. The curcumin present in it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Fish: It is also recommended to include fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, pilchards, and tuna.
Broccoli is rich in vitamin C, sweet potatoes in beta carotene, and spinach in various antioxidants. Some of the other foods that strengthen immunity include garlic, kefir, green tea, and sunflower seeds. It is also recommended to make fasting a part of your life. You can check reviews to learn more about benefits of fasting.
2. Exercise Regularly
Regular exercise can also strengthen your immunity.
- One way exercise works is by improving your overall health
- A stronger cardiovascular system helps in preventing various life-threatening diseases
- Exercise also helps cells move and function properly
- Enabling the movement of the lymphatic system also contributes to better immune system functioning
3. Get Proper Sleep
If you want your immune system to work properly, it is crucial to get enough sleep.
- Proper sleep reduces stress
- Your body and mind get the required rest for staying healthy
- Lack of sleep increases the risk of diseases
Make sure you get at least 8 hours of sleep every day to maintain a strong immune system.
4. Reduce Stress
According to studies, chronic stress can have a huge impact on your immunity. When you are exposed to stress for a long time, it can have a toll on the immune system. This increases your risks of contracting infections and developing diseases. You should follow relaxation exercises like yoga and meditation to get relief from stress. Practicing tai chi has also been found to be of significant benefit.
It is also recommended to wash your hands regularly to keep off infections. Some of the other steps you can take to have a strong immunity include:
- Maintain healthy weight
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid alcohol
- Maintain good hygiene
So make sure to follow all these tips to lead a healthier lifestyle and have a stronger immunity.