Fall Family Meals With Pillsbury: Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
I am so excited to share one of my favorite fall family recipes from Pillsbury. These buffalo chicken pinwheels is a fun and easy to make meal that the entire family will love. I just love how many different recipes your can create with crescent rolls, the possibilities are truly endless. I have put together a step by step guide to assist you in creating these delicious pinwheels, feel free to add in some of your own favorite ingredients. All you are going to need for this recipes is a pack of crescent rolls, chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, crumbled blue cheese and chives.
The next step is to coat your chicken in the hot sauce, we like our food extra spicy and ended up adding a bit more than the recipe suggest. They still turned out really yummy and were not too spicy, even for the kids. We used boneless chicken for this recipe, but you could always use chicken thighs as well. I found a great article on how long to boil chicken thighs.
Next you will need to unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 4 rectangles. Then press perforations to seal. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with chicken, blue cheese and chives.
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle and press edges to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices and place cut side down on cookie sheet. Bake your pinwheels for 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Now you are ready to enjoy this incredibly delicious meal with your family. I can’t get over how simple this recipes is and how yummy they turn out every time. You don’t have to be a perfect cook or experienced, this is truly a recipe you would have a hard time messing up. The cheeses are especially good in this recipes, so much yum!
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent rolls; separate into 4 rectangles. Press perforations to seal.
- In small bowl, mix chicken and pepper sauce until well coated. Spread 1 tablespoon cream cheese over each rectangle to within 1/4 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with chicken, blue cheese and chives.
- Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edges to seal. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices; place cut side down on cookie sheet.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Serve warm.
Pillsbury creates easy, quick-to-fix recipes designed to give you more time with family instead of fussing around in the kitchen. Get ahead this Holiday season with great products and savings from Pillsbury! There are so many great recipes on Pillsbury recipes website and it’s time to fire up the oven and tackle one of their fun, easy-to-make recipes.
9 thoughts on “Fall Family Meals With Pillsbury: Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels”
Recipe looks easy enough to try…Yum!!
We love hot wings and this is a great appetizer that I know will appeal to my guests this Thanksgiving. Can’t wait to try it.
I love buffalo chicken, it looks delicious combining with crescent rolls. I would try this one.
It looks super easy and quick. I would try it!
It sounds delicious, but we might leave out the red pepper sauce.
i know my whole family would enjoy this! i can’t wait to try it!
Oh my goodness–yes, I love this recipe! I love buffalo chicken. I actually just printed this out and plan to have for lunch tomorrow.
This sounds delicious & my family would love it! I am going to make this for them real soon!