A special thanks to BestNursingHomes.com for sponsoring today’s conversation.
Sometimes you need medical care that can’t be taken care of at home. If you need more advanced medical care help is available in a nursing home.
Nursing homes have gotten a bad rap over the years. What most people don’t know is there are rehabilitative centers that look and feel more like hotels than hospitals that give you more personalized therapy and attention than if you were in a hospital.
How can you find these nursing homes? BestNursingHomes.com. This is a website, provided free to the public by the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers, that lists five-star nursing homes and rehabilitation centers rated by Medicare.
What’s different about this site than others?
1. BestNursingHomes.com lists ONLY the best sites. Anything on the list has been preapproved by Medicare as one of the top in the country.
2. There’s no annoying sales center. BestNursingHomes is run by a nonprofit organization whose mission is to make people aware of the good nursing homes.
3. You don’t have to enter any personal information. No one is going to contact you when you search the site.
4. You can contact the nursing homes directly. If you see an option that you like, simply call the facility or send an email using the contact form.
5. You can see what the center looks like. For the facilities that have chosen upgraded listings, you can take a virtual tour of the building.
6. You can review patients’ experiences. BestNursingHomes uses proprietary software to get real reviews from real residents and family members.
BestNursingHomes has been made possible by the generous donation of North American Health Care and its CEO, John Sorensen. John has made it his life’s work to serve the elderly population, has sponsored the development of BNH, and donated it to the ASNP for use. “We are very grateful for the leadership of John Sorensen in the post-acute care industry,” said Amy Osmond Cook, Ph.D., Executive Director of the Association for Skilled Nursing Providers. “John is a leader in his field, a generous philanthropist, and a great example of someone who places serving the patient above anything else. We are proud to be associated with John and North American Health Care and grateful for his support to promote best practices in skilled nursing.”
For more information about BestNursingHomes or the Association of Skilled Nursing Providers, please contact Dr. Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-813-0182.