I have partnered with Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival to help my local fans discover affordable family fun in their area!
When we made the decision to move to Georgia about four years ago, I didn’t know very much about the state and what to expect. We moved here during the fall when the weather was still chilly and the leaves still brown. That first spring spent in Georgia was what made me fall in love with my new home. That ordinary tree planted in the middle of our backyard didn’t stand out at all… until one day I noticed these little buds forming on the branches. It wasn’t long until those little buds crept towards the sun and sprouted into leaves, transforming into a beautiful cherry blossom tree. This started happening all around me… the grocery store, a park we loved to explore, the kid’s school… my new home town was covered in the most beautiful tree I had ever laid eyes on! Years of watching this phenomenon and I still get just as excited when I start to see that tree budding in the spring. I embrace every moment of it and capture as many photos before those stunning pink leaves fall to the summer grass.
I took this picture a few weeks ago when the buds first started blooming on the cherry tree in our yard… never gets old! In the few years that I have lived here in Georgia I have yet to make a visit to the yearly Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival. This year will be the first year that my girls and I (hubby and son will be at football) will have the opportunity to enjoy this much anticipated festival!
If you are anything like me, always trying to find family-friendly activities that don’t break the bank, then this is the event you are seeking! The Third Annual Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival is a two-day, free-to-the-public event that brings together Brookhaven community residents and visitors from all over to showcase the businesses and attractions that make the community so special.
The Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival offers so many fun activities for the whole family, here is some of what you can expect:
- Children’s Village – Enjoy plenty of shade and seating as the kids enjoy face painting, balloon twisting, bounce houses, rock wall climbing, games and more.
- Classic Car Show – Love hot rods? Get ready to check out antique cars, trucks and customs. Prizes are awarded to “Best in Show”, “Best Interior”, etc.
- Pet World – No need to exclude your favorite furry friends from all of the family fun! Bring them along for the dog shows, parade, costume contest, adoption-area, games and prizes. There will even be animal care professionals on deck to answer all of your pet-care questions.
- Musical Performances – Take a break and listen to the cool sounds from the Breeze Kings, Gurufish, Ed Roland and the Sweet Tea Project, Wesley Cook, Blair Crimmins and the Hookers, Willie Ziavino and the C.O.T. Band, DYN-O-MITE, House Broken and more local student talent.
If you are looking for family friendly way to kick off your spring fitness goals with a fun, no-pressure 5K / 1K with your friends, family and neighbors… then the festival has you covered! The two-day event kicks off with a 5K Run / 1K Walk on March 25th benefiting the Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival 501(c)(3) non-profit cultural organization. You cam bring both your kids and the pets, everyone is welcome to participate. Join us on March 25 for the annual Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival run/walk. Visit the 5K registration website to register!
Blackburn Park, 3501 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30319
Sat, Mar 25: 6am – 9pm & Sun, Mar 25: 10am – 9pm
FREE TO THE PUBLIC
5K / 1K Registration Cost:
- Early Registration until March 21 st (Adults – $20; Kids – $15)
- Regular Registration until March 23 rd (Adults – $30; Kids – $20)
- Onsite Registration on March 25 (Adults – $35; Kids – $25)
- Strollers and pets welcome!
- Online registration closes March 23
Come out to the Brookhaven Cherry Blossom Festival for fun and frolicking as we celebrate the first week of spring with live music, arts and crafts, Pet World and more! I hope to see you and your family there as well!