Breast Augmentation Surgery- What to Expect
Breast enlargement surgery is a form of surgery conducted to enlarge the size of the breast. We have had various celebrities go under the knife to make their boobs look big, and it is a trend that is not dying anytime soon. Note that this procedure can also be conducted to improve the shape of the breast especially for the mothers who have breastfed before. Other names that you may hear describing this type of surgery are the breast argumentation or augmentation mammoplasty.
How Does the Procedure Work?
The procedure involves a surgeon cutting through the breast and inserting an implant according to the size of the patient’s preference. The implant is a soft shell that is filled with silicone gel or the saline substance also referred to as water salt. The implants vary from Cap A, B, and a client can even opt to go extra-large. The surgeon cuts the breasts skin in areas where the scars cannot be visible after healing. These areas include under the breast, in the armpit, or along the lower area of the areola. Then the surgeon carefully inserts the implant and adjusts to make sure that it fits well, and it is in the right position. Then the last step involves the doctor stitching the cut area.
Where are the Implants Placed?
Note that the positioning of the implants depends on the doctor as some doctors prefer to set it under the breast tissues while another advocate for the implants to be placed under the chest muscles. This practice has led to controversial statements from different doctors since those who recommend for the implants to place under the chest muscles believe that this is the safest practice. They believe that it reduces the risk of the patient developing the capsular contracture a problem associated with hardening of the tissues around the implant in the case where it is placed under the breast tissue.
This is a procedure that involves the doctor raising or lifting the sagging breasts together with the area around the nipple. Breast sagging is caused by weak muscles around the breast which can be as a result of breastfeeding and mostly the lifting procedure is done at the same time with breast enlargement. The procedure requires the doctor to remove the extra flesh around the nipple and under the breast areas. Then the remaining skin is joined together and stitched to make the breast look and feel firm. On breastbeautycare.com you will find some other alternate ways to improve your breasts without surgery. These procedures are carried out when the patient is under the anesthesia, but if the time expires before the surgery is over, the patient may be injected with numb medicine to prevent the extreme pain.
The Results After Surgery.
- After the surgery, the doctor wraps your breast with a medicated bandage, and you may be requested to go back after a week or more to have the stitches removed.
- Sometimes the patient is given a bra for support.
- Swelling, bruising and soreness are common issues after the surgery, and sometimes they may last for few days.
How to Relieve the Symptoms?
- Ensure that you were a bra for the entire day to support the breasts.
- If the pain is unbearable consider visiting the doctor so you can be given painkillers to relieve the pain.
- It takes a while before you go back to doing your regular duties and one is not supposed to lift heavy objects as it may make the wounds to open up.
Reasons That Lead to Breast Surgery.
- Some people undergo the surgeries to make their breasts look big if they feel they are small while others may want to reduce the sizes.
- Others undergo the surgeries to restore their normal size maybe after breastfeeding or losing a lot of weight.
To make the breasts look proportional.
Does the Surgery Help?
99 percent of women who undergo either breast enlargement or lift get their expected results if only it is done by a qualified and experienced surgeon. So to avoid getting botched breast consider investing a good doctor.
Are There Any Risks?
- If the implants are not well placed, it may lead to wrong or unbalanced breast size.
- Some may trigger the development of cancer if put on the wrong muscles.
- It can lead to lack of feel in the nipples or of the entire breast.
- Others may result in infection.
2 thoughts on “Breast Augmentation Surgery- What to Expect”
The basics are more or less correct but still, in order to perform the operation well you’d need a very good specialist. Most negative outcomes are due to the doctors’ neglect or lack of expertise
It was interesting to read that you won’t be able to lift heavy objects post-op because it might open up the wounds. My aunt is considering getting a breast lift procedure done to get some of her confidence back. I’ll be sure to let her know that she’ll need to take it easy for a bit after the surgery and not do anything too strenuous.