When we decide to welcome a new pet into our lives, it is important to think about all the extra items that we are going to have to buy. Items such as cleaning supplies, grooming tools, food, toys, among other things. Overall, we have to think about how to modify our lifestyle to fit an animal in it and make them as happy as possible. Although there are many things you will have to purchase for your dog over the course of its life, these are just a few items to get you started:
- Vacuum: A good vacuum is a necessary purchase when you welcome a dog into your life. Regardless of the breed, with few exceptions, dogs shed and leave hair all over the place. There are many places where you can compare and buy vacuums like, https://bestpethairvacuum.reviews/top-rated-bagless-bagged-canister-cleaners. The vacuum you purchase needs to be powerful to remove all the hairs from your furniture and floors. Do not hesitate to spend money on a good vacuum because it will make the difference between having a clean house or living among dog hair and odor.
- Leash: According with the size of your dog, pick a leash that will be durable enough to lead your dog for many years. If you have a large breed dog, you may want to get a gentle leader in order to be able to control it better. Retractable leashes are never recommended, as they can be dangerous for you, for other people and even for your dog. If you don’t stop the leash on time, your dog could attack other dogs or run into cars or people. For these reasons, it is best to purchase a leash that allows you to have full control of the animal. This is a must because no matter what, you have to take your dog for a walk and it should be enjoyable for both you and your pet.
- Food and water dishes: Although this may seem like a minor details, the dishes you choose can actually affect the health of your pet. Metal bowls tend to rust and plastic ones can be eaten by your pet and cause internal problems. Glass is a great option, just make sure it is shatterproof or very thick glass. It is a best practice to refresh food and water daily and to thoroughly was the bowls at least once per week.
- Bed: A comfortable place for your dog to rest is very important to have. Most people don’t want their dog on the bed or furniture, so a dog bed is a great alternative. There are many options available and you can even spoil your pet with a memory foam bed. Pick something that is appropriate for their size and age. Don’t spend a lot of money on a bed when they are a puppy, as they will likely destroy it but an nice, expensive bed is a great purchase for an older dog. Make sure you pick something that has an outer layer that can be removed and washed.
- Elizabethan Collar: This is a very useful item to have on hand that many people don’t consider. Use it when your dog hurts himself from scratching, has an unresolved ear infection,when you have to take your dog to the vet for a surgery and when using topical medications. This item is very useful in many situations and it is never a waste to have one available in your home.