Life has been pretty darn busy lately and I have been solely relying on leftovers to get through the day. As a family of five, I am always looking for delicious and healthy recipes that I can make in bulk and are good warmed up as leftovers. I recently made this delicious and simple 30 minute black beans and lime rice and oh my… it is delicious! There is just something about lime that can take a simple dish and can completely transform it into an incredible dish. Let’s take a look at one of the best dinnertime recipes for lunchtime leftovers!
This recipe is a combination of so many great things! Black beans and lime rice is a cheap meal to make, takes 20 minutes total to cook, yields plenty of leftovers and is delicious as leftovers… which let’s face it, not many meals are still good the second, third or even fourth time.
I am also going to share another little secret with you. To make this leftover dish even more convenient, I have stored it in the Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers. Say goodbye to Tupperware and introduce these Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers into your life because they are a great alternative to plastic.
The Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat containers are also made with plant fibers, are perfect for the microwave so you can bring your meal with you on the go and you don’t have to worry about cleaning them after because they can be tossed right out.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe, let me know in the comment section below if you tried it for yourself and how convenient using the Reynolds™ Disposable Heat & Eat Containers have been for you!
- Black Beans
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans low sodium organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups veggie broth
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup organic corn
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Cooking Rice
- Cook the rice according to the package or your rice cooker.
- Once the rice has fully cooked, squeeze in 2-3 limes and mix.
- Cooking Beans
- In a large saucepan, simmer the broth, water, diced onion, minced garlic and seasonings for about 8 minutes
- Now add the beans and corn. Continue simmering for another 15 min.
- If needed, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice to your bowl. With a slotted spoon, scoop about a cup of the bean mixture to your bowl of rice. Mix in. Serve with extra lime wedges, plenty of cilantro.